Kerstin Amend-Pohlig born in Wiesbaden is a designer and artist. Her fields of work include light sculpture - sculpture - graphics - edition - project - relief - painting.
In addition her work combines analog and digital techniques.
Kerstin Amend-Pohlig deals with the phenomena of simultaneity and timelessness - with the traces left by the past in the present. She creates organic light sculptures and sculptures, in which the joy of life always resonates.
In the current sculpture series LICHTWUCHS/LIGHT GROWTH, emerging consequences of human actions and the resulting tendencies of our time are processed in meaning processes.
The worldwide actual state animates the creation of this sculpture series. As illuminated and self-luminous bearers of hope - thus fixed in their name, the sculptures insist on the turn towards the positive and the inherent success therein.
To conceive and develop something unusual, something unconventional and to bring into a positive form is a constant challenge - a never-ending story.
With this conviction, Kerstin A.P. approaches the development and implementation of her ideas and concepts again and again with different techniques and materials.
Organic light sculptures are created, sculptures in timeless originality, in which joy of life always resonates.
Massively solid materials such as stone and iron and a material mixture of gypsum, lime and fine-grained rock are made malleable with cardboard and plastics.
The ideas, first fixed in thought and sketch, are followed by a first loose shaping. Through impulses during the making, the clear shape emerges. Acrylic is tapped, rubbed, pasty and glazed dabbed into all layers and areas of form with the hands in subtle color mixing.
The painting technique strongly determines the interaction and expression of the sculptures and objects.
A part of the creative work is the recycling - upcycling - and forming of already used plastics and materials.
To give back a value to what has seemingly become worthless - in unusual aesthetics with lasting meaningfulness is Kerstin Amend Pohlig's great concern.
- Member of the professional association of visual artists
- Development of theme-related and unbound spatial concepts - Realisation of projects and actions
Mixed Media Light Sculptures
Sculptures, Wall and Floor objects
Mixed Media graphics
- 1991 until today I Studio for Design+Art areas: plastic design, illustration, painting and relief, mixed media, sculpture and light sculpture
- 2019 studio community: artists' workshops in the Hexenturm I Coburg
- 2021/2022 represented by art and design gallery Kitte Ateliersplatform Madrid:
Specialised in works of functional art and artistic furniture
Respect I BBK Bamberg I Villa Dessauer (Room concept/MixedMedia)
DinA 4 I Bamberg I Villa Dessauer:
Cross section I Bayreuth I New town hall
Bamberg Night of Light I Bamberg Mitte I Interior design
What's left? What remains? I BBK Bamberg I World Cultural Heritage title for Bamberg
Villa Dessauer I Space Concept/Mixed Media I Sculpture I Wall and floor objects
Scholarship Light Sculptures Call for applications: Bamberg Mitte
in connection with the BBK I presentation at the following light night in Bamberg
- 1991 until today further focal points and fields of activity: Communication design
Conception, concept - Idea, draft, layout, realisation,
photo composing and image editing
CI development, layout, web design, website concepts, templates
- 1986-1991 Graphic design/illustration/scribble/model construction for Auto Abt, INS-Reisen, Sportscheck, BMW, Hausbank Munich
- 1982-1986 Graphic design studies in Munich I Specialisations and extension courses: Illustration, scribble technique, nude drawing, sculptural design
- 1982 Abitur with focus on art in Coburg
- 1962 Born in Wiesbaden
- Stays for longer periods in Paris, Mexico, Thailand, Bali